When you have a new client schedule with you, it is imperative to set your clients’ expectations so that they can come prepared to their appointment and they can plan their schedule accordingly. Here is a list of some things to go over with first time clients.
- Remove all eye makeup before your appointment: Clients who come in with a clean face will give you more time to work on their lashes but will also stress the importance of having clean lashes right from the start.
- Avoid any caffeine up to 4 hours before the appointment: This will help your client relax and not have any fluttering eyes.
- Communicate how long the appointment will take: This will allow new clients to schedule the rest of their day but will also allow them to mentally prepare for a long appointment. While fill appointments might be quicker, full sets can take anywhere from 2-4 hours.
- Talk to your clients about allergies: A Lot of people have reactions to lash extension adhesives or gel patches. Clearly communicating and asking your clients about previous allergies or sensitivities will help you know if your client is a good candidate for lash extensions. If you are unsure be sure to do a patch test 24-48 hours before the appointment. Also be sure to have your client come in 10 minutes early to their appointment to sign a consent form during their client consultation.
- Let your client know they will need to have their eyes closed for the entire appointment: Suggest bringing headphones to listen to music or a podcast. Be sure to clearly communicate that they will not be able to look at their phone during the appointment.
These are just a few things to make sure to go over with first time clients to set them up for success! Lash boldly!