Have you ever wondered if you can use mascara with your eyelash extensions? Are you in between fills and just need to add a little boost to your eyes? In this blog we will describe the do’s and don’ts of selecting a lash extension safe mascara so that you can find the perfect product that will not harm the integrity of your lash extensions.
We understand that many eyelash extension wearers will want to use mascara, so we have put together 5 tips on choosing the right eyelash extension mascara.
- 1. Use an oil free mascara – Using an oil free mascara will prolong the life of your lash extensions because excessive oils applied directly onto your extensions will harm its bond to your natural lash causing them to separate and fall out much sooner. It is recommended to cleanse lash extensions frequently even from the daily oils on your skin and surrounding foundation. This can be done by using an extension safe daily cleanser, such as this one here: Cleanser
- 2. Select a mascara that is not waterproof – We recommend selecting a mascara that is not waterproof. The reason for this is that waterproof mascara can be a tedious task to remove. You will need to scrub your lashes more vigorously to remove waterproof mascara. The harder you have to rub your eyes to remove make up, the more damage you are causing. Rubbing extensions can not only result in lashes falling out, but this can also cause damage to your natural lash.
- 3. Choose a mascara that has sealant in it – Selecting a mascara that has sealant in it will greatly increase the longevity of your lash extensions. This will also assist with providing nourishment and keeping your extensions and natural lashes healthy.
- 4. Look for a mascara that has added nutrients – Having adding nutrients and vitamins in your mascara can provide phenomenal benefits such as keeping natural lashes strong and healthy. The added vitamins can assist the overall growth and stimulation of lash follicles.
- 5. Select a water based mascara – Water based mascara is best for lash extensions because the properties in the formula will not hinder the adhesives bond or weaken the integrity. Water based mascaras are also beneficial for eyelash extensions because they will be easier to remover with cleanser, making it so less force is needed during removal.
To learn more about eyelash extension safe mascaras, or to get yours today…Visit IntelliSystem